HLF funded

The Diss Heritage Triangle Trust

3D interactive maps

1380 – A medieval market town.

By 1380 Diss would have been a well-established market town. It is likely that the Triangle we see today is the result of a redesign of the settlement in medieval times, possibly by the Lord of the Manor, Robert Fitzwalter, in 1280. Strips of land called burgage plots were laid out around the edge of the Triangle on which to build houses. The growth of the town was helped by the ‘new’ Markets and fairs which were re-granted permission to be held in 1275 and 1300. The only building which we know was there for certain was the Church.

RSS
Facebook
Facebook
Google+
Google+
http://heritagetriangle.co.uk/3d-interactive-maps">
Diss Heritage Triangle